If there was a theme to Sunday night's Golden Globes, I'd describe it as "ladies" with a secondary theme of "awesomeness."
Women were killing it both on stage and the red carpet. From Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's opening monologue to Jodie Foster's somewhat bizarre but ultimately moving speech about love, family, and the struggles of lifelong celebrity, I enjoyed every minute of lady spotlight.
To honor their talent and general fabulousness, I'm designing unique (and hypothetical) custom-fit GG Bailey car mat sets for some of our favorite women at the Golden Globes.
Let’s start with a breakdown of the anatomy of a GG Bailey custom car mat.
- Carpet. All GG Bailey carpets are high-quality carpets that are resistant to stains. You can choose from 13 beautiful colors.
- Edging. You have two elegant choices for the edges of your mat. Serging is a stitched yarn edge, and binding is a smooth fabric edge.
- Heel pad. The heel pad is an extra-thick carpeted circle or round-edged rectangle that protects your mat from wear and tear where it needs it the most.
- Embroidery. Our personalized embroideries are available in four styles -- Block, Script, Script Monogram and Block Monogram -- and many color choices that are directly embroidered into the carpet.
- Backing. All of our car floor mats have a special Open Cell Foam backing that we have exclusively designed to prevent car floor mat movement.
- Retention System. Our patented Mat-Loc™ clips are included in every car floor mat order, and are only available through GG Bailey. We provide two clips; one for the front driver floor mat and one for the passenger side floor mat.
- Car Couture™ Collection. Instead of designing a custom mat, you can also choose a pattern from GG Bailey's luxury woven mat collection, including zebra, leopard, plaid, oriental, and other patterns.
Tina Fey & Amy Poehler
Edging: Orange Serging
Heel pad: Blue Rectangle
Embroidered Message: "Tina" and "Amy" for driver and passenger mats.
I like to think that these BFFs have two sets of floor mats so they can switch out names appropriately when taking turns at the wheel.
Carpet: Car Couture™ Beige Plaid
At just 26 years old, Lena has a feature film, an HBO TV Series, and now two Golden Globes under her belt. Wise beyond her years, Lena strikes me as the kind of person who would choose from GG Bailey's Car Couture™ collection. Dunham spends much of her time in New York, so she may not even have a car, but if she did, she'd get GG Bailey mats in Beige Plaid.
Carpet: Dark Grey
Edging: Blue Serging
Heel pad: Blue Rectangle
Embroidered Message: None -- so paparazzi can't find her.
Sleek, simple, and classy, Jodie Foster gets a set of custom GG Bailey mats that reflects her blue Golden Globes dress, as well as her priceless, personal speech.
Carpet: Car Couture™ Subtle Style Beige
While NeNe wasn't up for any awards, the cast member of Bravo's Real Housewives of Atlanta is one of the first so-called reality stars to try acting and actually have talent! For that, she gets a set of GG Bailey Car Couture™ mats in Subtle Style Beige, and I'll continue watching NeNe in The New Normal.
Edging: LA Binding in Reflective Black
Heel pad: Black Circle
Embroidered Message: "Skyfall" -- after the James Bond theme that won her a Golden Globe.
Edging: Red Serging
Heel pad: Red Circle
Embroidered Message: Jennifer's initials in monogram style. Unfortunately, "I beat Meryl" doesn't fit in GG Bailey's 10-character embroidery limit.
Edging: Brown & Pink Ribbon
Heel pad: Black Rectangle
Embroidered Message: "Jessica"
Jessica Chastain looked beautiful in blue as she accepted her Golden Globe for Best Actress for her performance in the military action film "Zero Dark Thirty." But these pink and brown mats are probably more reminiscent of her role as the beautiful Celia Foote in "The Help."