October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and we at GG Bailey want to do our part to increase awareness and raise money for research.
As we wrote last week on our blog, our Pink and Drive event is underway, which means that any order from our website that contains a pink feature will automatically generate a donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which is the highest rated organization of its kind.
All you have to do is order you order a set of our custom car mats with a pink ribbon, pink carpet, one of three pink edging options, a pink heelpad, pink embroidery or monogram, pink ribbon home mat, or pink ribbon pet placemat and we'll donated 10 percent of the entire purchase to the foundation.
Additionally, we are offering free ground shipping* on all orders, whether you include a pink element or not.
Click here to read the blog and get more detail.
Breast cancer is a type of cancer in which abnormal cells form to create a tumor in the breast tissue. This cancer can spread, or begin metastasizing, to the rest of the body. Breast cancer is most common in women; although, men can also get the disease.
In the spirit of raising awareness, we have including facts about breast cancer below that we think everyone should know.
1. In 2015, there are more than 2.8 million women with a history of breast cancer in the U.S. This includes women currently being treated and women who have finished treatment. The likelyhood of a woman getting breast cancer during her lifetime is about one in eight.
2. Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women, and besides lung cancer, it is the most deadly.
3. In 2015, it's estimated that just under 30% of newly diagnosed cancers in women will be breast cancers.
4. Breast cancer shows no discrimination. It attacks the young, the old, male and female.
5. In 2015 about 2,350 new cases of invasive breast cancer in men will be diagnosed and approximately 440 men will die from breast cancer.
6. The disease claims an estimated 40,290 lives on an annual basis.
7. A woman’s risk of breast cancer can almost double if she has a mother, sister, or daughter that has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
8. High risk people include women over 50-years-old, people who are overweight or obese, and those who smoke. People who eat a poor diet and do not exercise may also be at greater risk for developing breast cancer.
9. One woman in the United States is diagnosed with breast cancer every two minutes.
10. The warning signs of breast cancer are not the same for all women. The most common signs are a change in the look or feel of the breast, a change in the look or feel of the nipple and nipple discharge. Click here to learn more.
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation has funded nearly 10 million hours worth of research since 1993. According to their website: "We fund the best and brightest researchers in the world. Our 240 grantees come from all disciplines of science and are given the creativity and intellectual freedom to pursue the most promising research. Each has an ultimate goal: to prevent and find a cure for breast cancer."
We choose to donated to the BCRF because it is the highest rated and most trusted organization in the country.
So remember, and GG Bailey custom floor mat or home mat order that includes a pink ribbon or any other pink design element this month will result in a donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation on your behalf, and you'll get free shipping too.
Together, we can make a difference.
*Contiguous U.S. only